1. “Interview: Luchadoras. Directors Paola Calvo And Patrick Jasim on Lucha Libre, Feminism And Ciudad Juárez” – Eric Ortiz García interviews directors Paola Calvo and Patrick Jasim, on their new documentary about a group of women wrestlers in Ciudad Juárez. The story in Screen Anarchy.
2. “Impunity and incompetence fuel illegal Mexico–China seahorse trade” – China buys about 500 tonnes of seahorses every year, mostly for use in traditional medicine and Mexico is one of the top providers. Mexico fuels this highly illegal market setting up an underground trade routes by Naguales and Joanne Lee. The story in China Dialogue Ocean.
3. “Monterrey: De Facto NAFTA Capital” – Scott Beyer presents his first impressions of the sprawling city of Monterrey in northern Mexico and its connections to free trade. The story in The Independent Institute’s Catalyst.
4. “Mexican Conductor Felipe Tristán Turns Podium into Home” – Kyle Matthews on the life of Mexican orchestra conductor Felipe Tristán and what makes him such a unique artist. The story in The American Reporter.
5. “Will Mexico’s Legalization Of Marijuana Blunt Drug Cartel Power?” – Ryan Berg is interviewed by the Here and Now team on how marijuana legalization in Mexico will affect drug cartels and social justice. The story in WBUR.
* Around the Web is a weekly list of must-read content about all things Mexico. Curation by Roberto Bosoms. Twitter: @RBosoms