1. “Hunting the men who kill women: Mexico’s femicide detective”- Meaghan Beatley on how a Mexican journalist/detective solved a femicide case that Mexican authorities couldn’t. The story In The Guardian.
2. “Stori raises $32.5M in a Lightspeed-led Series B to build Mexico’s credit card for the masses” – An estimated 87% of all payments in México are in cash, a new fintech startup is trying to make a mobile credit card’s simple and hassle free by Mary Ann Azevedo. The story in Tech Crunch.
3. “Scientists Predict When Beachgoers Will Get Sick From Tainted Pacific Ocean” – Scientists in San Diego investigate how likely it is to get sick from cross-border contaminated water while swimming in the beaches of San Diego and what can be done to decrees infections by Bianca Bruno. The story in Courthouse News Service.
4. “Anything for Selena” – This podcast dives into the legacy and short life of the bilingual and Tejano superstar Selena through the eyes of María García. Listen to the podcast via wbur.
5. “Inside the Aztec empire” – Scott Seckel reviews a new book by noted archeologists Frances F. Berdan and Michael E. Smith which explores the everyday life of the Aztecs and their influence in today’s Mexico. The story in ASU News.
* Around the Web is a weekly list of must-read content about all things Mexico. Curation by Roberto Bosoms. Twitter: @RBosoms