1. “For a Family in Mexico, a Mission to Protect Monarchs”– How the migration of the Monarch butterflies changed the life’s of a family in a small town in the State of Mexico and the need to protect these spectacular insects by Nicole Greenfield. The story in NRDC.
2. “The secret history of How Mexico pushed baseball towards racial integration” – César González on why Mexico was key to the racial integration in baseball and other sports in the U.S. The Story in ReMezcla.
3. “How I Made This: Sandy Rodriguez’s Pigments from indigenous History” – Julia Travers talks to artist Sandy Rodriguez about how she created her new series (Codex Rodriguez-Mondragón) about child detention centers and family separations at the border. The story in ARTnews.
4. “Debut film by Mexican duo, ‘Leona’ is way more than a Jewish ‘Romeo and Juliet’ – Jordan Hoffman reviews the new film by Isaac Cherem exploring the life of Mexico’s Syrian Jewish community. The story in The Times of Israel.
5. “The Little-Known History of the Underground Railroad to Mexico” – Cocoa Griot dives into the history of slavery in Mexico and reveals how many enslaved people in the US escaped bondage by fleeing to Mexico. The story in Medium.
* Around the Web is a weekly list of must-read content about all things Mexico. Curation by Roberto Bosoms. Twitter: @RBosoms